Monday, June 28, 2010

Waiting

I sit here waiting for the wireless Internet to work. It’s not. And it probably won’t work either. I think I’m okay with that. The computer lab in the basement has been working fine. We’re all respectful of each other and don’t take too long when there are other people waiting for the computer. It hasn’t seemed like that big of a deal having to share a computer.

If anything the time that we spend in the lab together has made us grow together as a group. I think we have become pretty close. I’m kind of afraid that if we do get wireless access, we might not see each other on a casual basis anymore. We very well might go back in our usual habits of Facebooking and Skyping with friends back home. Sure I’m eager to be able to access the Internet whenever I want, but I also have kind of liked not being able to have contact with home that often. If I stayed in contact with home more, I might have not been as willing to explore Cork.

And yet here I sit on the cold, stone floor of the reception lobby. Waiting. I may have enjoyed the lack of Internet access, but I’m still too addicted to it to forgo the opportunity to get access. So much for any technologically imposed Internet intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment