Saturday, July 10, 2010

Half-full or Half-empty

Well, it’s been three weeks since we all got to Ireland, and now there’s three weeks left. I have mixed feelings about being halfway done. I’m sure there’s some joke about half-full half-empty in this somewhere, but I can’t think of it.

I’m sad to be half done with the program already. After the first week in Cork going by incredibly slowly, I thought this trip would seem to last forever, something that excited me. But after the first week, it seems like somebody hit the booster rockets on time and suddenly two more weeks flew by. I suppose that’s summer though. It always amazes me how one month of summer can seem to blow on by quickly while the exact same time in the winter seems to drag on ad infinitum.

I’m also a little eager to get back home. Well not necessarily home, since I don’t want to go back to working at the movie theater for three weeks, but I do want to get to Harrisonburg. I haven’t seen all my friends there in two plus months now, and I’m really missing them. Facebook and email are only so good at keeping people in contact. I know that I’ll be really bummed out when this trip actually is over, but at least I’ll have something to look forward to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment