This is it. The final city. The last group tour, the last first night out. The group is in Dublin, the grand finale of our trek across Ireland. It feels bittersweet to be here. I think the vast majority of the group has been looking forward to Dublin the most out of everything on this trip. The girls have been looking forward to all the different stores and all the shopping they can get done. The other guys have been really pumped about going to new bars and new clubs. Everyone is excited to see new buildings, statues, landmarks – everything that comes with a city in Europe.
But I can’t help but be sad. In the back of my mind on this entire trip, I’ve known that once we got to Dublin, it would be all over. I can see the end of this trip now. Two weeks from today I will be home and will most likely never return to Ireland, or Europe for that matter. It’s sad because I don’t really want to go home, not back to work, school, humidity, any of that. My Irish summer is almost over and I can’t shake off this feeling of melancholy because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment