Thursday, July 1, 2010

Moving Out

Well, tonight is the last night it Cork, Ireland. I feel bittersweet about leaving. I'm sad to say goodbye to the first city of our trip. I have a hard time believing that it's been two weeks already. That's a third of the trip gone. I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent here.

I've really grown to like this city. I love the tightly packed houses and bed & breakfasts on Washington Street. I will miss the familiarity of Patrick Street and Parade. I'll even miss the Centra and Subway right by our dorms. They sure have been convenient for food. I'm sure Galway will have something, but it'll be something new to discover.

I am excited to explore Kilarney and Galway, so there is plenty to be happy about with leaving Cork. Some of my favorite days in Cork were days exploring the city, figuring out where the streets led. I look forward to seeing different movies at the Film Fleadh. I look finding new favorite restaurants and paths to walk.

A change of scenery will really be nice. I sometimes have felt that I have seen all there is to see in Cork, whether or not that's true. Still, I will miss the familiarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment