Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Spanish Invasion

I thought I was going to spend this summer in Ireland. I remember boarding a plane with several other people also headed to Ireland and I do see a lot of people with red hair, but I’m still not entirely sure that I’m in Ireland

I feel like I’m surrounded by Spanish things since arriving in Galway. I’m pretty sure half the people living in these apartments with us are Spanish students. They aren’t just college students either. There are kids that can’t be any older than fourteen. I remember the other day when we rode a bus to Middleton and I was talking to some random Irish guy. He said that the summer is always flooded with Spanish people. I hadn’t really noticed it before until coming to Galway. They are all over the place!

I also seem to find a lot of different Euros in my pocket from countries other than Ireland. But what country do I have most of? Spain. Those little EspaƱa coins jingle in my pocket every day. I guess it makes sense to have so many though if Spanish people really do come to Ireland in droves.

Where did I go to lunch today? A Spanish restaurant. Who was running crazily through the streets last night? Spanish people. Why? Because the Spanish soccer team beat Germany and is going to the World Cup Final. Where did I go today when I wandered around Galway? The Spanish Arch. I swear Spain is invading Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment